Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arturas Von (Captain of the 4th Division)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arturas Von
4th Division Captain
Arturas Von

Arturas Von (Captain of the 4th Division) Empty
PostSubject: Arturas Von (Captain of the 4th Division)   Arturas Von (Captain of the 4th Division) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Basic Character Info

Name: Arturas Von

Visual Age: Early- Mid 20’s

Division: 4th (Highest rank possible)

Appearance: Arturas is of intimidating stature, standing just shy of 7 feet in height, he does not appear to be overtly muscular but he does have excellent muscle definition. His hairstyle is a combination of mini dreadlocks along the top of his scalp, with cornrows lining the sides and back. He wears ordinary glasses and is seen with them both on and off. His outfit consists of a plain, white dress shirt with the top opened slightly to reveal his sternum ,the sleeves of which are rolled up just below his biceps and blue pants/trousers. His Captains haori hangs over his left shoulder hiding his left arm and his zanpakuto from sight.

Personality: Arturas is quite impulsive and will often act solely on his gut feeling. He partially adheres to the “paladin’s code” of respecting authority, punishing evil doers and acting honourably and doesn’t believe in extending mercy to enemies. He has a strong dislike for all Hollows and Arrancar as they inherently prey on those weaker than themselves. Arturas also has a rather odd penchant for giving people names based on their defining characteristics, these names usually follow the format of the word fucking preceding their defining characteristic.

Background/RP Sample

Background: Born on 5th of July Arturas Von was born to Vera Linus and Evra Von in London England. He lived in London for 23 years before joining the english military as a field doctor. He was thusly sent to Iraq where he treated the wounds of soldiers effectively, half way through his tour of service he was killed when a road side bomb exploded. Having had no regrets about how he lived his life he immediatelly ascended to Soul Society.

For almost 70 years he resided on the outskirts of east rukongai. Throughout his years living alone he trained himself to utilise the hidden power of his soul in order to treat wounds and put his skills to practice on the residents who would constantly come to him with wounds from their various fights. Eventually one of his patients advised that he join the shinigami academy, stating that with his ability to heal he would be selected to join their ranks within no time. And so he enrolled.

Arturas flourished quickly in the academy, his practice with healing had given him control of his reiatsu on a level that surpassed an ordinary student. He excelled in kido and Hoho and performed slightly above average in Hakuda and Zanjutsu. In his 4th year at the academy he graduated at the top of his class and was drafted into the 10th division.

For a while he stayed in the 10th division and slowly moved up in the ranks eventually getting into the top 10 seats of the squad. However his progress within the squad didnt go any further and he found himself unable to break into the top 5 seats thanks to his under proficiency in Hakuda and Zanjutsu. As such he put in for a transfer to the 11th squad where he spent 20 years refining his skills with a sword, during which time he eventually gained his shikai and managed to attain the 4th seated rank in the squad. However the nature of his shikai found him the object of much hatred amongst his squad and he found himself almost forced out of the squad and into the 4th. This actually served to work to his advantage, he felt completely at home amongst Soul society's relief squad and his skills as a healer constantly flourished as he learned from his superiors various methods of healing, including learning how herbs can be used as a method of healing. It took him a further 20 years to become the vice captain of the squad and 60 more years after that to become the squads captain.

RP Sample: I glared at the disgusting monstrosity before me as i slowly raised my left arm to shoulder height so that it was parallel with the floor. As i began to steadily raise my reiatsu the same left hand i held outwards began to glow a dazzling white. As my reiatsu began to even out i slowly drew back my left leg before pushing off the ground as hard as i could causing my body to hurtle towards my enemy.

The hollow before me seemed to grin as if it expected this reaction from me and then it raised its sword like arm high above its head. With a swift downward movement it brought its bladed arm down towards where my head should have been in an attempt to cleave me in two, but i was faster than it had anticipated. Its same bladed arm dropped to the ground with a dull thud as blood began to pump out of its wound. A vicious grin spread across my lips as i came to a halt several metres behind the hollow my claymore grasped tightly in my left hand. “Hado #1, Sho” i growled as i thrust the palm of my right hand towards the hollows back. An invisible force rocketed from my palm and slammed into the center of the hollows back causing it to stumble forwards a scream of pain, shock and rage erupting from its lips at the same time.

Once again i pushed off my back foot, the blade of my claymore dragging through the concrete as i made a mad dash towards the off balance hollow. Dropping into a slide reminiscent of a baseball player i slid between the hollows legs; ferociously slashing at the back of its right knee as i slid through. Hollow blood splattered onto the right side of my face as i sliced almost effortlessly through the hollows leg, my intended goal achieved. I had removed the exact same limbs that the hollow had cleaved off my fellow squad members not 5 minutes ago. Stabbing my blade into the ground i halted my slide, just in time to see the hollow teeter and then fall backwards with a crash, a cloud of dust rising up from its stricken body.

I stood, wiping the putrid smelling blood from my face with the back side of my hand, and walked purposefully towards the hollow coming to a halt by its head. “God does not extend mercy to the likes of you” i growled as i raised my blade high into the air before swinging it in a wide arc severing the hollows head from its shoulders and sending it on to the next cycle of life.

Zanpakutō Information

Name: Onigoroshi

Release Phrase: Blade with whom I have lived blade with whom i now die, serve right and justice one last time, seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain, cut well old friend and then... Farewell.

Element/Family: Light/Holy

Manifestation:
Spoiler:

Sealed Zanpakuto:
Spoiler:

Shikai: His zanpakuto remains largely the same as in its sealed state apart from the blade becoming engulfed in a hazy white light.

Shikai Ability: Onigoroshii affords Arturas with the ability to heal his wounds when he slashes or stabs his opponent, the severity of the wound he inflicts will determine how much damage is replenished to his person, a flesh wound would heal a flesh wound etc. Naturally this ability would only be invoked when Arturas damages his perceived enemy at the time so he couldn’t attack a weaker ally to heal himself, and it would not remove any added effects of the wound such as poison or paralysis. His shikai also gives him access to a number of “blessings” and “seals” that are used to increase his or an allies combat ability temporarily. He has acces to 2 seals and 2 blessings whilst in shikai

[Bankai applies only for Captains, Advanced Vice Captains and Elite Vaizards]

Bankai: Arturas' physical appearance changes drastically in his bankai. His hair changes from black to white and grows in length until it reaches mid back length. His clothing changes to a dazzling silver armor reminiscent of a medieval knights, he also sprouts a pair of pure white angel's wings on his back that enable him to fly. His eyes also change from their normal hazel and appear to glow with pure white energy. His voice also gets a few octaves deeper and seems to echo whenever he speaks whether he shouts or not. His claymore remains the same as in his shikai.

Bankai Ability: His bankai is an enhanced version of his shikai in that he can heal the wounds of others he comes into contact with when he damages an enemy. He must touch the person who he intends to heal within two posts of causing damage to the enemy otherwise the effect doesnt transfer over also every time he transfers the healing aspect to an ally a chunk of his reiatsu is drained from him. While in bankai the duration of his previous seals and blessings are increased.

Techniques

Name: Quick release
State: Sealed
Description: Because of the lengthy nature of his zanpakuto’s release Arturas has learned to change his sword from its sealed state to shikai without uttering a word. This ability was only garnered once he had achieved Bankai.
Duration and/or cooldown:

Name: Seal of Death
State: Shikai & Bankai
Description: Arturas temporarily gives up the healing ability of his zanpakuto in favour of more destructive ability. His sword becomes engulfed in a gray aura, whatever the blade cuts is slowly eroded away. The longer the blade remains in contact the more erosion continues. The corrosive ability of this move allows it to eat through metal within about 15 minutes (3 posts) and through about 5cm of flesh in 5 minutes (1 post)
Duration and/or cooldown: 2 post dur in shikai, 4 post dur in bankai. 4 post CD for shikai 6 post CD for bankai

Name: Seal of Destruction
Description:The use of this seal temporarily alters the shape of Arturas' zanpakuto, changing it from a claymore to a large warhammer that Aruas wields easily. This warhammer emits powerful blasts of pure white energy upon coming into contact with a surface. In shikai the blasts are equal in strength to a level 50-55 hado without the incantation, in bankai their strength is equivalent to a level 65-70 fully incanted hado.
Duration and/or cooldown: 4 post dur in shikai, 6 post dur in bankai. 5 and 7 post cooldowns respectively

Name: Blessing of Might
Description: Arturas invokes the powers of his shikai to imbue himself or an ally with increased physical strength temporarily increasing the force behind their melee strikes at the cost of a proportion of his own reiatsu. The effects of this can be seen physically as the person gets a temporary increase in muscle mass.
Duration and/or cooldown: 4 post dur,& 6 CD in shikai, 8 posts dur & 10 CD in bankai

Name: Blessing of Replenishment
State: Shikai and Bankai
Description: Arturas invokes the powers of his shikai to bless himself or an ally. For the duration of this blessing they will regain a small percentage of their reiatsu (roughly 15% in total). The sign of this blessings activation is a halo of blue reishi floating above the person's head.
Duration and/or cooldown: 4 post dur & 6 CD in shikai , 8 post dur & 10 CD in bankai

Last edited by Arturas Von on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arturas Von
4th Division Captain
Arturas Von

PostSubject: Re: Arturas Von (Captain of the 4th Division)   Arturas Von (Captain of the 4th Division) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 6:14 pm

Completed and awaiting approval
Back to top Go down
Hezro Hittori
Captain Commander
Hezro Hittori

PostSubject: Re: Arturas Von (Captain of the 4th Division)   Arturas Von (Captain of the 4th Division) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 6:57 pm

two things:

1. what is the extent of the corrosive ability of seal of death? more specificly, how much damage is done in one post?

2. more detail is needed for blessing of replenishment. what would you define "restorative abilities" as and what would be there durations/ cooldowns?

other than that it looks good
Back to top Go down
http://bleachsoulsofwar.powerrpg.com
Arturas Von
4th Division Captain
Arturas Von

PostSubject: Re: Arturas Von (Captain of the 4th Division)   Arturas Von (Captain of the 4th Division) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 8:10 pm

Fixed
Back to top Go down
Hezro Hittori
Captain Commander
Hezro Hittori

PostSubject: Re: Arturas Von (Captain of the 4th Division)   Arturas Von (Captain of the 4th Division) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 9:07 pm

APPROVED
Back to top Go down
http://bleachsoulsofwar.powerrpg.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arturas Von (Captain of the 4th Division)   Arturas Von (Captain of the 4th Division) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arturas Von (Captain of the 4th Division)
Page 1 of 1